Ted Cruz floated the possibility of restarting his presidential campaign if he wins Nebraska’s GOP primary on Tuesday, having so far avoided saying whether he supports Donald Trump‘s bid for president..Cruz, who suspended his White House run last week, said he does not expect to win Nebraska’s primary but is leaving the door open..“We launched this campaign intending to win. The reason we suspended our campaign was that with the Indiana loss, I felt there was no path to victory,” he said Tuesday on conservative host Glenn Beck’s radio program..“If that changes, we will certainly respond accordingly.”
Cruz demurred on supporting Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee. He argued that there are still months to go before the party’s convention and the ultimate general election..“This is a choice every voter is going to have to make. I would note, its not a choice we as a voters have to make today,” Cruz said when asked about supporting Trump..
Cruz also brushed aside the prospects of a convention fight or third-party presidential bid..Cruz and allies told supporters on a Monday night conference call that they would not try to block Trump’s nomination, but were instead focused on influencing the party’s platform and rules, according to Politico..Cruz joins a long list of prominent Republicans who have said they are not yet supporting Trump for president..Cruz dropped out of the presidential race last week after losing big in Indiana. John Kasich dropped out a day later, clearing the way for Trump to become the presumptive nominee.”