A production worker on Alec Baldwin’s tragedy-marred flick “Rust” was bitten by a poisonous spider while helping to close down the set after its fatal accidental shooting — and may now lose his arm.
Lamp operator and pipe rigger Jason Miller was bitten by a venomous brown recluse while helping wrap up film production after Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on Oct. 21, Sky News said.
A JustGiving fundraising page said Miller has experienced necrosis of his arm and sepsis as a result of the bite.
“He has been hospitalized and endured multiple surgeries each day as doctors do their best to stop the infection and try to save his arm from amputation,” the page says, according to Sky News.
There is a chance “under worse circumstances he loses his arm,” the page said.