Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus says he’s backing Donald Trump on his complaints about the presidential debate schedule.
“Certainly we’re not going to agree with anything that our nominee doesn’t agree with,” Priebus said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
“It would be incumbent upon them to communicate with us and others about what they have in mind,” Priebus added. “But we’re not going to be having debates on Saturday and Sunday nights, I don’t believe.”
Earlier in the program, Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort said campaign staff would sit down with the Commission on Presidential Debates “in the next week or so” to discuss the debate schedule, which includes three forums with Trump and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and one between the vice presidential nominees, Republican Mike Pence and Democrat Tim Kaine.
Chief among Trump’s complaints about the debate schedule, set nearly a year ago by the independent commission, is that two of the debates overlap with NFL games.
“Mr. Trump said, ‘I want a debate. I will do three debates, but I want it to be the maximum audience,'” Manafort said. “So we’re going to sit down with the commission in the next week or so, and we’re going to start talking to them, and we want to make sure that we have a broad audience.”
Read Full Story At Politico