From Daily Mail
Aaron Driver, 23, was killed during a police operation in Strathroy
He was plotting suicide bombing mission in a public area, official said
Driver was under court order to not associate with terror groups
He was known to police for tweeting support for ISIS and urging attacks
An ISIS fanatic is dead after Canada’s national police force thwarted an alleged suicide bomb plot in Ontario.
Aaron Driver, 23, had planned to carry out a suicide bombing mission in a public area during rush-hour but was killed during a confrontation with police in a house in Strathroy, a senior police official said on Wednesday night.
He was shot by police in a dramatic raid after he detonated an explosive device, injuring himself and one other, CBC News reports. He reportedly had another device which he was going to detonate.
Driver, who was originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, was arrested last year for openly supporting Islamic State on social media.
He was not charged with a crime, but in February, he was placed on a peace bond, a court order that restricted his movement, required that he stay off social media and computers and not associate with any terrorist organization, including ISIS.
Driver’s lawyer and the prosecutor agreed to the peace bond stating there are ‘reasonable grounds to fear that he may participate, contribute directly or indirectly in the activity of a terrorist group.’
He was known to authorities for tweeting about his support for ISIS under the alias Harun Abdurahman, including urging the group to target the Canadian police and military as well as praising the attack on Parliament Hill in October 2014.
Police believed he acted alone in the alleged plot.
The incident on Wednesday stemmed from a new video Driver made in which he threatened an attack on a ‘major city,’ intelligence sources told Reuters.
Driver lives in Strathroy, Ontario, a small town about 140 miles (225km) southwest of Toronto.
On Wednesday, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said it halted a possible attack after receiving credible information of a potential terrorist threat.
They said a suspect was identified and the ‘proper course of action has been taken’ to ensure there was no danger to public safety.
However, the police operation inside the Strathroy home continued well into Wednesday night with authorities concerned about what may be inside.
An internal government memo obtained by CTV News, Driver had allegedly planned to use an IED to cause mass casualties by carrying out a suicide bombing mission in a busy public space.
Authorities have not released details about where Driver was intending to carry out his alleged mission, but they say there is no longer a threat.
Neighbors said they heard explosions and gunshots during the operation that involved SWAT teams and a bomb squad, the website reports.
Read Full Story At Daily Mail