Inside The Trump Campaign: Rep. Lou Barletta, (R-PA), Explains
The Trump campaign called a meeting between campaign aids and some US lawmakers to help prepare for the next step forward. Pennsylvania Republican Representative Lou Barletta was at the meeting. He explains what took place and describes the surge of Democrats he’s sees on the ground switching to Republican so they can vote for Donald Trump.
Barletta Explains The Surge Of Democrat Voters Who Want President Trump
On Fox News’ ‘After The Bell,’ Republican Representative from Pennsylvania Lou Barletta explains that the main message from the Trump campaign meeting it to go forward with their outreach to congressional members who have endorsed Donald Trump: “To begin a dialogue between what the campaign is doing and what’s happening here in Washington.”
FN: How many of the Democrats who don’t like Trump particularly right now are never Trump people, people who say they are going to just sit out the election and advise other people to do the same?
LB: I look at Pennsylvania, what I’m seeing on the ground, and what is real, is that almost 100,000 Democrats in Pennsylvania have switched parties to Republican to vote for Donald Trump. People have come up to me who haven’t voted in ten, twenty years and told me they’re coming out to vote for Donald Trump. I haven’t seen energy like that in a long time.
FN: There is a lot of energy it’s true out there in the hinderlands, but inside the beltway there is a lot of fear as well because of what Donald Trump says he wants to do, to shake up the establishment, and a lot of them are Republican congressmen, right?
LB: I think this is a case where bringing a bull into the china shop is a good thing. 75% of the American people believe the country is going in the wrong direction and the other 25% are right here in Washington. The American people want changes.
FN: But some of those 25% include Republican congressmen. I’m just wondering if they are worrying about Trump costing them votes?
LB: I think its’s a mistaken belief that he will cost them votes. Actually, I believe just the opposite. What other candidate can get so many Democrats to change parties. I don’t know of another candidate we have that can do that. We should be embracing this and actually getting behind Donald Trump, not doing everything we can to stop him.
FN: By the way, he just hired Scott Walker’s former campaign manager so I guess that shows there is the possibility of people burying the hatchet after this rough campaign.
LB: He’s a great executive and thats what he’s going to do to make this country great again. That means surrounding yourself with the right people. I don’t think he cares who was for who before, he’s going got put the best team together to get this country back on the right track.
VIDEO: Why Did 100,000 Pennsylvania Democrats Just Switch Parties?
Join Us In The Chat Room To Discuss This Story
[flyzoo-embed-chatroom id=’571240d54fb4d51448e794f0′ width=’auto’ height=’640px’]
sources: Fox News, Youtube, MSNBC